Frame Selection from Your Ardmore Optometrist
At Ardmore Premier Eyecare, your Ardmore optometrist, we understand that eyeglasses do more than just help you see well. Your eyeglasses are a fashion statement and are a reflection of your personality. They must meet the demands of your lifestyle and fit your budget. That's why when choosing an optometrist in Ardmore, you want to be assured they have a terrific frame selection of brand names you are familiar with. That is exactly what you find when you get glasses from our Ardmore eye doctor at Ardmore Premier Eyecare.
The Shape of Your Face and the Right Frames
One of the biggest factors that will determine which frames look the best on you, is the general shape of your face.
- Square Face – A person with a square face may exhibit a strong jaw line, a broad forehead, and a wide chin and cheekbones. Frames that are rounded and taller than wide often look best on those with a square face.
- Oval Face – An oval face is characterized by a forehead that is slightly wider than the chin and high cheekbones. Choose eyeglass frames that are wider than the broadest part of the face and that follows the brow line. Diamond or rectangular shapes often work best for those with an oval face.
- Oblong Face – An oblong face tends to be longer than it is wide. The best frames for this type of face are ones that are round, have low-triangle shapes, or that have vertical lines.
- Round Face – A round face is a full face that is circular and proportionate. Typically, frames that are angular, narrow and are wider than they are deep look best. People with round faces should avoid round frames.
- Base-up Triangular Face – This is a heart shaped face that can be accented best with light colored and rimless frames work best, and aviator, butterfly and low-triangle styles can also good well.
- Base Down Triangle Shape – A narrow forehead and full cheeks and a broad chin characterize a base down triangular face. Frames that widen at the top work well on this face shape.
- Diamond Face - A thin eyeline and chin along with high cheekbones are features of a diamond shaped face. Choose frames that accents and distinctive brow lines. Rimless or a cat-eye shape frame can also work well.
Of course, these are just guidelines. You'll always want to select frames from your Ardmore optometrist that you feel great wearing.
Brand name Frames for Eyeglasses and Sunglasses
Ardmore Premier Eyecare is your Ardmore eye doctor with a wide selection of brand name frames for everyone in the family. Choose frames for your eyeglasses from brands like:
- Dolce Gabana
- Ray Ban
- Diane Von Furstenburg
- Cole Haan
- Nine West
- Flex On
- Wiley X
- Jimmy Crystal.
We offer sunglasses in Wiley X, Coach, Ray Ban, Oakley, and Dolce Gabana. We also carry the Wiley X youth force line.
Make an Appointment with our Optometrist in Ardmore Today
Call Ardmore Premier Eyecare at 580-223-8585 to make an appointment today. Be sure to ask about our new patient discount. Ardmore Premier Eyecare, your optometrist in Ardmore, is located at 1201 Kiowa Street NW Suite A in Ardmore, OK.
A square face is often characterized by a strong jaw line, a broad forehead, and a wide chin and cheekbones. The width and length of the face are close to being equal. Frames should be selected to make the face look longer and to soften the square angles of the face. Choose frames that are slightly curved (like an oval shape) and that have more horizontal than vertical real estate.
The oval face is identifiable by its balanced proportions. The forehead is slightly wider than the chin and cheekbones are high. Frames should complement the natural proportions of the oval. Choose frames that are wide or wider than the broadest part of the face and that follow your brow line. Often, diamond or rectangular shapes work best for oval shapes.
Although fairly similar to an oval shape, an oblong face is longer than it is wide. The ideal frames will shorten the face by creating a break in the length of the face. Choose frames that have depth and a low bridge to shorten the nose. Try frames that are round, deep, have low-triangle shapes, or that have strong vertical lines.
A round or full face is characterized by having the same width and length. For round faces, frames that add length to the face often work best. Frames that lengthen the face are typically angular, narrow and are wider than they are deep. It is best to avoid round style frames as these will exaggerate the roundness and curves of the face.
A heart shaped face looks like a heart or a triangle with the point facing down. The forehead is very wide and cheekbones are high while the face narrows towards the chin. Counterbalance the narrow chin by choosing frames that are wider at the bottom. Generally, light colored and rimless frames work best, although aviator, butterfly and low-triangle styles also work well.
A base-down triangle face has a narrower forehead with full cheeks and a broad chin. To offset a broad chin, select frames that widen at the top. Great selections include frames that have heavy color accents and detail on the top part of the frames. Cat-eye shapes also work well to add width and emphasize the narrow upper part of the face.
A diamond shaped face is often characterized by high, dramatic cheekbones with a narrow eye line and jaw line. This shape is the rarest of all the shapes. Oval frames that are soft in style typically work best to highlight the eyes and cheekbones. Select frames that have detailing, distinctive brow lines, are rimless or a cat-eye shape for best results.