Sports vision testing helps athletes determine how well their eyes perform. These tests go beyond standard eye tests that only evaluate the ability to see letters and objects clearly on a standard eye chart. Sports vision testing takes eyesight evaluation one step further, which is vital to overall athletic training as well as specifically enhancing visual function.
While sports vision testing can vary greatly depending on an athlete’s specific needs, in general, sports vision testing can be beneficial for assessing athletic abilities associated with hand-eye coordination, eye tracking, and depth perception. If you are a local athlete looking to improve your performance, Dr. Parker can help.
eyeSport Vision Performance
What is Sports Vision Training and eyeSport Vision Performance?
The technology behind eyeSport Vision Performance training was co-developed by Dr. Ryan Parker during his externship at the United States Air Force Academy. This was originally developed to assist pilot candidates in passing their final physical for commissioning for military service. With the assistance of a well-known sports physiologist, Dr. Parker began to research the possibility of using this technology in athletic training and found a perfect fit. This training has been proven throughout Europe in each and every sports category for the past 20 years. The basis of the eyeSport Vision Performance training is to overload the eyes through a variety of exercises. This allows the eye muscles to be strengthened over a period of time that will further enhance the visual system, thus allowing them to work more efficiently and effectively with the other parts of the body. The eyeSport Vision Performance training accomplishes:
- Improves “hand-eye” coordination for better performance
- Allows for improved communication between the eyes and brain for superior field/court decision-making
- Allows for quicker reaction time on the field/court
- Improves peripheral vision for enhanced field/court visual performance
- Improves depth perception for incredibly enhanced performance
- better fielding performance on the baseball/softball field
- better free-throw & 3-point shooting performance
- Overall better visual health and performance
- Is recognized as “weight lifting for the eyes”
- Allows for improved GPA results
- Easily integrated into the kinesiology academic setting
- Works with current strength and conditioning programs
- Minimal training times for easy integration into athletes’ already hectic work-out sessions
Who Can Benefit From Vision Therapy?
Any athlete in any sport that wants to maximize their overall athletic performance and have an edge over the competition.
The following are some frequently asked questions about sports vision training.
What Is Involved in a Sports Vision Program?
Patients typically come to the training facility twice weekly for thirty minutes each visit. Training sessions are fun, face paced, dynamic and always challenging. Commitment to the training program and maintaining a schedule of weekly visits are important in the success of the program.
Can I Do the Training at Home by Myself?
We do offer some at home training products after the completion of initial onsite training.
Will My Insurance Cover Sports Vision Training?
No Sports Vision Training is not covered by Insurance.
How Quickly Do I See Results?
Postive results from training will be noticed very quickly by the athlete. Most clients see great results within the first two weeks of training.
Should I Continue My Other Training?
Yes, Sports Vision Training, is only one aspect of a complete athlete. Sports vision training in meant to be an addition to other programs such as strength and conditioning, cardiovascular training, mental conditional and the proper nutrition program.
Where Can I Purchase the eyeSPORT Vision Training Kit?